- High quality lectures on top tips for interviewers and interviewees, putting quality improvement into practice, patient opinion and job satisfaction and more!
- Excellent breakout sessions which discuss managing performance, patient consent, collaborating with managers, patient safety and much more!
- Information on how the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh supports recently appointed consultants
For the full programme, further details and to register, visit http://events.rcpe.ac.uk/events/467/life-as-a-consultant-potential-challenges-and-practical-solutions
Early bird discount closes Tuesday 23 May 2017.
Call for abstracts is now open!
Please see the following document for more information on submitting an abstract to the SCS.
The template to submit an abstract can be found here.
All abstracts must be submitted by noon, Monday 5 June 2017.
Details regarding reigstrations and the programme will be released soon.
Save the date – this is the 25th Anniversary of the Society, so expect a superb meeting!
The 2017 RCPE Cardiology Symposium promises to deliver interesting and practical insights into commonly encountered clinical problems facing physicians in the emergency department, the out-patient clinic or on hospital wards.
The symposium will concentrate on the following areas:
- Mitral and aortic valve disease,
- An update on infective endocarditis,
- Imaging in adult patients with congenital heart disease, their management during medical emergencies and assessment of shunts,
- Separating reality from myth surrounding the relationship between elevated troponin concentrations and occlusion of epicardial coronary arteries,
- Device treatment for heart failure and prevention of further cardiac embolisation in patients with stroke,
The symposium is aimed at consultants and trainees in cardiology and acute medicine but will also provide a useful overview of key areas in cardiology for GPs, allied health professionals and medical students.