Bookings are now open for the event!
To register your place, find the full programme and for further information, please visit the link below:
If you are interested in joining the SCS please visit our membership pages on the website for more information.
The rates agreed are £144.00 per room based on single occupancy and £169.00 per room based on twin or double occupancy. This rate includes a full Scottish breakfast. Any rooms unallocated at 4th August will be automatically released.
To book, contact our resort sales team on 01764 651670 and Quote the event and date – ‘Scottish Cardiac Society’ on 29th September. Full non-refundable payment will be taken at time of booking.
For any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Speakers for the event include:
- Dr Fraser Gibb – Diabetes and Technology
- Dr John Paul Leach – Update on diagnosis and management of epilepsy
- Dr Peter Reid – Toxic substances and the lung
- Dr Andrew Seaton – National antibiotic prescribing strategy
- Dr Pauline Wilson – Remote and rural medicine
- Dr Martin Wilson – Frailty in the elderly population
- Our 2017 Fitzgerald Peel Lecture will be given by Professor Stuart Ralston on ‘Advances in the management of bone disease.’
Call for Abstracts:
The call for abstract submissions is now open! Abstracts are invited for this meeting for poster or podium presentation. SSP welcomes work on any clinical, scientific or service topic from the breadth of general medicine and its subspecialties, as well as on topics such as patient safety, quality improvement and clinical audit.
The best presenter will be awarded the prestigious Fitzgerald Peel Prize. There are also prizes available for the best poster and best student poster.
The deadline for submissions is Friday 28 July 2017.
To find the abstract submission form and more information on how to submit an abstract, please visit the link below.
To book your place, find out information about submitting an abstract, accommodation, travel and see the full programme please visit the link below.
If you have any queries about the fees, please contact the SSP office on email@example.com
The 2017 RCPE Cardiology Symposium promises to deliver interesting and practical insights into commonly encountered clinical problems facing physicians in the emergency department, the out-patient clinic or on hospital wards.
The symposium will concentrate on the following areas:
- Mitral and aortic valve disease,
- An update on infective endocarditis,
- Imaging in adult patients with congenital heart disease, their management during medical emergencies and assessment of shunts,
- Separating reality from myth surrounding the relationship between elevated troponin concentrations and occlusion of epicardial coronary arteries,
- Device treatment for heart failure and prevention of further cardiac embolisation in patients with stroke,
The symposium is aimed at consultants and trainees in cardiology and acute medicine but will also provide a useful overview of key areas in cardiology for GPs, allied health professionals and medical students.