The 2017 RCPE Cardiology Symposium promises to deliver interesting and practical insights into commonly encountered clinical problems facing physicians in the emergency department, the out-patient clinic or on hospital wards.
The symposium will concentrate on the following areas:
- Mitral and aortic valve disease,
- An update on infective endocarditis,
- Imaging in adult patients with congenital heart disease, their management during medical emergencies and assessment of shunts,
- Separating reality from myth surrounding the relationship between elevated troponin concentrations and occlusion of epicardial coronary arteries,
- Device treatment for heart failure and prevention of further cardiac embolisation in patients with stroke,
The symposium is aimed at consultants and trainees in cardiology and acute medicine but will also provide a useful overview of key areas in cardiology for GPs, allied health professionals and medical students.