This informal day guides newly appointed consultants, or those who are about to be appointed, through the major issues they will encounter in the first years following appointment.
The day will be conducted under Chatham House Rules to allow participants to share experiences and ask questions, from not only experts; but also newly appointed Consultants. The programme will give special attention to those areas not discussed in postgraduate or specialty training.
The topics covered during the day include:
- the interview process for consultants roles
- understanding the gap between training grade and consultant posts
- the Consultant contract and the job planning process
- time management and the efficient running of your office
- work life balance
- career progression and alternative roles
- the role of realistic medicine in medical practice
- opportunities in service development, locally and nationally
Who should attend?
- Newly appointed consultants
- Senior trainees
- Those returning from a period of absence